Monday, March 12, 2012

The Air-Tight Life-Drawing Room of Ballyfermot and other stories

Hooray for yet another two-month gap between posts! Time flies by when you're pissing it out the window...

Here's a series of life drawing studies I did last week in college. We had to select an artist of our choice and basically work as closely to their style as possible. I chose comics maestro Joe Kubert (Sgt. Rock, Hawkman, Tor and a billion other great comics), whose draughtsmanship I hold in the highest regard. These were done with indian ink and a sable brush (that I unfortunately lost just today, shee-it);



I was disheartened to hear that the great Jean 'Moebius' Giraud has passed away on Saturday. I have greatly admired the talent and visual scope he brought to comics since I discovered him several years ago, and have even wrote an essay or two on him. It's a real bummer to see someone who was still knocking out work at his age leave us, but I had read he was ill as of late so I only hope his passing was quick and peaceful.

RIP, Le Dieu de Bande-Dessinée~

No comments: